- Mix all the ingredients including besan mentioned for the masala filling. Add a little water if the paste is very thick.
- Add the flour in a mixing bowl and sprinkle water to knead it into a dough. Rest it for about 10-15 minutes.
- Then divide the dough into 8-9 portions. Take one and roll it out by dusting it with a minimum of flour, as needed.
- Apply masala filling to the centre and spread it out a little. Then fold it in half. Fold it again from one side to another to for a triangle. Refer to the stepwise photo.
- Now roll the folded triangle again either retaining the same shape or shaping it into a circle.
- Heat the griddle (Tawa). Once it is hot, place this on the tawa. In 10-15 seconds, flip it. Apply some ghee on top and then flip it again and apply ghee on the other side.
Now cook both sides until brown spots appear and it begins to slightly puff.
Source - https://pulses.org/recipes/best-of-india